Sunday 7 December 2008

Wax on? Wax off.......

Sunday 7th December, Uttoxeter Quarry, 12:00 - 14:00

Just before a visit to the quarry, a quick look around Lidl and Tescos in town first. A small flock of Waxwings were sighted here a few days ago, but not at the moment. The Lidl car park does have two small rowans, that still has quite a lot of berries on them yet. That's still another possibility for Waxwings in the near future.

Unsurprisingly most of the water was frozen over today, but still managed to attract 6 Goosander, 7 Wigeon and a Shoveler. And two personal site ticks, which were Herring and Great Black-Backed Gulls. Also plenty of throstles. Isn't it time a Black-Throated Thrush was found in amongst all the Redwings and Fieldfares?

Well folks, at the moment I'm uncertain on how much birding will be done next weekend. Saturday should be ok, but in the evening it's the work christmas do. Sunday may depend on how hung over I am!

Due to the christmas do I'm going to miss the big X-Factor final, who's going to win? My money is on Eoghan. There's one particular reason why, I'll let Harry Hill explain.

1 comment:

Reg Telescope said...

Don't say that .. I've put my Joe Swash winnings on Alexandra!