Saturday 6 September 2008

Do de do do, do de do de do doody...........

Saturday 6th September. Blithfield Reservoir, 11:40 - 15:30

Its on days like today when I know how
Eric Morecambe felt. I'm wet through folks!

It was worth it though. Especially when news of a Grey Phalarope filtered through, to be expected really given the weather conditions. It took some finding however, but eventually showed well swimming in the middle of the deep end. The White-Winged Black Tern also showed well, better views than I had on Wednesday night.

Also around the deep end during a good old soaking were 9 Black Tern, 24 Arctic Tern, 2 Hobby, 2 Wheatear, Yellow and Grey Wagtail. There's also a rather angry Bull (Guernsey I think?) in the field between Ten Acre Bay and St. Stephens Bay, which was a rather unnerving experience when it trotted down the hill to pay me a visit. Strange how thin that fence wire looked!

Just a quick look in at Tad Bay next. Osprey perched in a dead tree in the plantation, 1 Little Egret, 2 Pintail. Alas, there's no muddy shoreline anymore, just grass up to the waters edge. That might put pay to any more waders this autumn? I didn't check Blithe Bay however, I'd had finally had enough of the rain and was developing trench foot!

Who I really feel sorry for today are the organisers of a charity rock gig in my home village, Air Aid 08. I thought about getting a ticket the other week, but the thought of it raining all day put me off. I didn't think anything of rain like this though.

We've also had the annual fun fair in Cheadle this week.................

No comments: