Monday 18 August 2008

Monday 18th August

Blithfield Reservoir, 12:30 - 15:30



So anyway, as I was saying. You leave large lumps of metal lying around, and whoom, gone! No doubt melted down and on it's way to China. It wasn't me guv, honest!

What I find odd is that a Buddleia was ripped out, which attracted Hummingbird Hawkmoth a couple of years ago and is replaced with, er, nothing. Hey ho, that's progress.

No new waders today, but the Little Stint, along with the flock of Ringed Plover and Dunlin, were along Admaston Reach (has it always been called that? If so, what are we reaching for? The stars?, as S Club 7 once mentioned) instead of the end of Blithe Bay.







Then in Tad Bay. Couldn't find the Garganey at all today, but there were 2 Osprey, 5 Black-Tailed Godwit, 2 Ruff, 1 Greenshank and a Mandarin.

Olympic update. Apparently Ben Ainslie is our greatest ever sailor. So that puts the likes of Nelson, Drake and Cook in their place! I would say Columbus, but that's nicking a gag from Only Fools and Horses.

1 comment:

Martyn Yapp said...

Hi Richard

It looks like a rarity landing pad to me. Oh it's Blithfield I forgot, it can't be.......