Sunday 3 April 2011

Cor, what happened there?

It's as if someone flicked a switch, and yesterday spring migrants were pouring in (or through)! Not that I saw too many of them, because I had more of an eye on the cricket world cup final. And well done to India.

I once had a sleepless night in Bharatpur, quite a bustling town but small by Indian standards, due to bangers being let off for no apparent reason. Now everyone's got a reason to let them off, I dread to fear what it would've been like in India last night!

But I did manage a couple of hours at Uttoxeter Quarry, before heading back to watch the Indian run-chase. I'm glad I did as the main highlight were a Common Sandpiper and 2 White Wagtails. To prove that things were happening all the time yesterday, in the evening there were 3 more White Wags and 3 Yellow Wagtails. There was also a Pink-footed Goose at the JCB south lake in Rocester. Genuine? Feral? Who knows, but it was there.

As for today, I had a bit of a yomp in the North Staffs Moors, just with my bins and new camera. As for birds, a few Wheatears, Red Grouse, Peregrine, Raven, Buzzards. And some pictures.




Although I don't think these are tickable!

No comments: