Wednesday 23 September 2009

Relieved

Apologies for the delay in blogging. A little bit of a health scare in the family, but no need to worry, we're ow rate me duck! Hence the name of the blog title. When it comes to blogging, the trouble I have is if I don't do it quickly after birding, I forget what to put down.

But the birding I managed to do last weekend, off the top of my head. Saturday involved Uttoxeter Quarry (a Pintail being the main highlight) and Blithfield (2 Ruff, Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Snipe, 5 Pintail, 24 Guzzunders and a female Mandarin).

The main highlight however was on Sunday, being the Ferruginous Duck (or is it White-Eyed Pochard?) at Belvide. Which at the time I was there showed very well in front of the Scott hide.



I've also been most saddened to hear of the split of Chas and Dave, after 35 years. Everyone knows Rabbit of course. But don't be fooled, Gertcha is by far their best song. In fact, thinking about it, have I seen Chas birding round Blithfield?

No comments: