Monday 13 April 2009

A Day of Two Halves

Monday 13th April, Berryhill Fields, 8:00 - 11:00

For once I managed to wake up rather early. Where can I go this morning? Uttoxeter Quarry or Blithfield again? Possibly. Or Weaver Hills?

I'd noticed that Grasshopper Warblers are arriving back, which is a perennial local bogey bird of mine. I can't remember the last time I heard one near to home (or anywhere I usually go birding), never mind see one. So I went to Berryhill Fields.






























A misty start might also bring other migrants in, in theory. A walk round the fields during the morning produced a couple of reeling Groppers, Sedge Warbler, Whitethroat, Wheatear. I also managed a good chat with Russell, local Berryhill birding-officianado. Who also had a Redstart this morning, but I didn't see it.

So as I was saying, an afternoon with Sultana Sports on the telly. As I thought might happen, the Brewers didn't win the league title at Kiddy. But only Cambridge United can pip us now, and would require their goal difference to improve by (at the moment!) seven. One point from the last two games will be enough. Roll on Friday night.........

No comments: