Sunday 5 April 2009

Dance Like Hell

Saturday 4th April, Weaver Hills, 9:45 - 10:45

Well, things are improving up here. 2 Swallows passed low over, more Meadow Pipits around (18 in total), a similar number of Skylarks to last week plus a couple of Buzzards. Keep the faith.........

In the afternoon my DIY skills were requested by my dad, for a new garden bench. I don't know why I was asked, it must have been the heavy lifting. When it comes to assembling flat pack furniture you'd be better off asking Frank Spencer.
















Branston Gravel Pits, 12:30 - 14:30

But it did give me an opportunity to have a look round Branston Gravel Pits. The single Avocet still in residence:
















Also 1 Ruff, 2 Curlew, 7 Snipe, 3 Redshank, 6 Oystercatcher, 13 Shelduck.

The bench was assembled with faultless precision, then sat down to watch the Grand National. Incidentally I had second and third in the sweep at work, so that's £30 to collect!

Sunday 5th April, Uttoxeter Quarry, 9:00 - 10:30

One freshly arrived Blackcap, 17 Goosander, 2 Green Sandpipers, 2 Shelduck, 2 Oystercatcher, a few Sand Martins and this rather lovely Yellowhammer.















At this point reader, you may be wondering "what's the blog title all about?". Well, I'll tell you. I haven't put much non-birding nonsense on for a while. So, after listening to Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie the other night, may I present Tom Jones dances like hell! I don't know about you, but I think that particular song sounds like the theme tune to Batman. Proper Batman that is, with Adam West as the caped crusader!

No comments: