Thursday 12 November 2009

Rock 'n Roll Birding

I do like my popular beat combos. So I've always wondered for a long time now, what is "The Birder's Anthem"?

Well, I can't really put my finger on one song as there are all sorts of different aspects to birding. So, by the power of Youtube, here are my birding anthems:

1. The Twitcher's Anthem. "I Want It All" by Queen.

2. The Local Patcher's Anthem. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2.

3. The Stringer's Anthem. "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac.

4. The Suppressor's Anthem. "Our Lips Are Sealed" by the Fun Boy Three.

5. The Migration Fall Anthem. "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage.

You get the idea with that. This is what the dark nights have reduced me to!

As a musical aside, one will notice that we're heading towards the end of a decade, and next year will be the start of a new one. To commemorate the last ten years, Absolute Radio are currently conducting a poll for the "Song of the Decade". I have used my vote wisely, and gone with "Is This The Way To Amarillo.

But I encourage everyone to vote in this poll, just to make sure that anything by James Blunt, or "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol, doesn't win! I shall be following this poll closely during December.

No comments: